FaunaTrack specialise in Australia-wide, terrestrial vertebrate fauna survey and assessment designed principally for baseline fauna inventory, wildlife monitoring and biodiversity conservation. Services are targeted at a wide range of organisations, including government and non-government conservation organisations, the mining sector, indigenous corporations and regional conservation management bodies.
Principal Zoologist - Ray Lloyd [BSc (Zoology) (Hons); Dip (Nat.Res.Mgt)] has been undertaking biological surveys since 1999. Having undertaken several hundred fauna surveys and working throughout much of Australia, he has extensive experience in the design and implementation of a range of biological surveys, in particular a great knowledge and passion for Australia’s herpetofauna (reptiles and frogs) and their biology, ecology and identification.
FaunaTrack has undertaken or been involved with a significant number of wildlife survey and monitoring programs throughout Australia for a range of clients. The types of projects undertaken include:
- Level 1 fauna surveys;
- Level 2 fauna surveys;
- Baseline fauna inventories;
- Targeted searches for species of conservation significance;
- Development site and infrastructure corridor inspections and pre-clearance surveys;
- Feral animal monitoring programs;
- Venomous snake removal; and
- Fauna identification services.
Please make contact for a complete list of past projects and publications.......
Regional areas of survey experience and expertise include:
- Queensland - Cape York Peninsula, Wet Tropics and Brigalow Belt;
- Northern Territory - Arnhem Land and Gulf regions, Tanami and Great Sandy Deserts;
- Western Australia - Kimberley, Pilbara, Shark Bay, South-western Australia, Great Victoria Desert and Goldfields;
- South Australia - Simpson Desert;
- Victoria - South coast and North-west mallee regions; and
- Numerous island surveys in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.